Monday, December 18, 2006

Book Recommendation: Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser

Fast Food Nation
I've got a pretty interesting book to recommend. You can probably try Wikipedia to read some stuff on it or buy it off Amazon. Or borrow it from the library. Anyway it's a really interesting book on the Fast Food industry history, practices and how it impacts the American economy and culture.

One of the interesting things to me was how prevalent the practices mentioned in the book were. What is more enlightening was how much the book reminded of my experience back when I was working in Sandusky, Ohio at the Cedar Point theme park. It's kind of like those first hand experiences you have that makes the reading of the book more vivid and personal. All the exploitation, the practices, all became very much alive and very real.

In any case it does touch on the issues of macdonalization and marketing. Hopeful I can perhaps do a book review on this once I finish the book. Definitely a recommended read based on what I have read so far.

Yongchang

Notes: Picture from Amazon.com

No comments: